Soke Bryan Cheek
Founder & Chief Instructor of WEBBS
- Soke Bryan Cheek founded WEBBS (World Elite Black Belt Society) in December of 2000, with a small group of like-minded Martial Arts instructors from around the world. His vision was to create a non-profit organization, free of politics that exists to solely promote the development of Martial Arts in the Modern Age. Allowing martial artists of all styles and systems the opportunity to learn from one another, enhancing their own skills and knowledge, in both training and teaching techniques while sharing their own knowledge and experience freely.
- WEBBS under Soke’s expert guidance has grown since its inception into a World-Wide martial art organisation with over 40+ affiliated member countries.
- Soke started his Martial Arts journey at the young age of 8 years old when he learnt his first Jiu-Jiutsu techniques, he has now amassed over 60 years of martial arts experience. Soke has now been teaching martial arts for over 40 years and has taught in over 35 counties world-wide.
- Soke was awarded his first Black Belt in 1972, opening his first Dojo with a friend at the age of 20 situated in London, England. Soke has trained thousands of students over this period, grading hundreds of students to the rank of Black Belt and above globally.
- The growth and popularity of WEBBS, owes its success in no small part to Soke, due to the fact that he has been much in demand on the International scene for both his teaching ability and his indisputable skill and unique style of Jiujitsu.
- Soke has taught Law Enforcement, Special Forces and Military units in many different countries, Soke is one of the most highly travelled, experienced and respected martial arts teachers in the world today, he is renowned for his no-nonsense approach to training and his fast and effective self-defense techniques.
Jukoshin Ryu Jiu Jitsu – (Founder)